Monday, June 12, 2006

Elections Update

Big night tommorow - VA primaries, Webb and Miller. I have a suspicion that Miller might win, based primarily on what might be his strength in populous urban areas. I'm not entirely sure how a conservative Democrat will play in truly blue districts. Either candidate's victories will have serious implications for George Allen in November. I think Miller may be the easier challenge; if it's Webb, however, Allen's got a run for his money.

Still sorting out Edwards' surprisingly strong showing in that Iowa straw poll. I suppose I shouldn't be entirely surprised, Iowa is still union country and Johnny E. is still a union fantasy. A Vilsack endorsement in December 07 might ice his victory there, but I don't think he'll get the nomination...which all of a sudden means the focus shifts to New Hampshire, (random Western caucus state?), and South Carolina, states where HRC may not run well. Feed it into the gristmill, let's see what you come up with.

No comments: