Sunday, March 18, 2007

Gems from the Journal

I'd missed it until the White House public liaison sent it out to the "White House Jewish Leaders" email list of which I am a member (don't ask, I don't know - but please don't disabuse them of the notion that I am in fact a Jewish leader!), but yesterday's WSJ op-ed is priceless. Though I'm unclear on the questions of constitutionality it raises towards the end, its satire of Congress's micromanagement is dead on. Even more, it highlights Pelosi's fundamental dilemma with her out-of-control majority. Both flanks - the progressives and the Blue Dogs - are both getting restless. I don't think anything too drastic will happen, but given that there are roughly 40 conservative Democrats, Pelosi can't afford to offend. Next few months should be priceless.

No comments: