Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Connecticut Update

I'll be following the Connecticut primary from now until they call it...I should start by taking back my earlier comment about tonight being a squeaker. Having said that, the Hartford Courant reports that with about 44% of precincts reporting, Lamont is up 53%-47%. Of course Kos had reports from earlier tonight (only 4% reporting) that showed Lamont up 60%-40% - so things are looking slightly better. At this point, should he lose, I think Lieberman will mount an independent bid for the Senate.

Hotline Blog is reporting that turnout is higher in more affluent areas (always the case but usually addressed most in presidential races and no so much in such solidly blue states); tonight I'm not sure which way it goes. I'm inclined to believe that there are plenty of wealthy members of both parties in Connecticut, so it may be a wash

Courant should be updating results here.

No comments: