Monday, July 17, 2006

Back After the Break

So now that my six week stint of sitting in a cubicle for 45 hours a week is over, I'm finding it slightly more difficult to sit down and blog. But I promise I'll try to do so, just because I know I have a small cadre of devoted readers out there. Anyways...

The Middle East continues to blow up, if you weren't aware, I think you're beyond any help. Anyways, Bush was caught on open mike today using less than diplomatic four-letter words while expressing a correct and crucial sentiment. The setting's even better:

"'See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over," Bush told Blair as he chewed on a buttered roll."
A caller on Cavuto today complained about his manners - I think Bush's disapproval just shot up among the Newport and Martha's Vineyard demographics...

Israel also launched a brief incursion into southern Lebanon this morning, but pulled back after a brief stay. They were clearly trying to drive off or destroy rocket launchers and crews; whether or not they were succesful is debatable at present. Obviously, early suspicions that this might be the recreation of a buffer zone such as the one that existed previously in southern Lebanon were unfounded. However it is noteworthy that the most recent rocket barrages have not been the regular Katyushas, but rather more sophisticated missiles designed by Iran and built by Syria, intended to do maximum damage to people by spraying a concentrated blast of ball-bearings (think a rocket shotgun). Bastards.

No comments: